Monday, April 13, 2020

Where Clear And Weapons Meet

I decided to pick up the Third Age 7 inch because it was so cheap, but it feels like a waste to place an order for only one $3 record, so I went through the seller's list for what else he had available, and I ended up beefing up the order with a bunch of other cheap finds.

1998 was a great fucking year for hardcore. The mid 90's were a weird time, and while there were still some cool shit coming out for those years, it was refreshing to see old school hardcore make a strong resurgence in '97 and '98.

I don't think that time has been kind to Where Fear And Weapons Meet, and they seem to have been pushed into the shadows of hardcore for that time period. I remember thinking that WFAWM was huge back then, and I know that their CDs got a lot of playing time in my car stereo...but still, these past ten years have seen them sitting on the shelf and collecting dust for the most part. While I don't think that the band has aged as well as other bands from that time, it has been fun to revisit them recently.

Of course I still had a preference to CDs at that time, so I never picked up their stuff on vinyl. When I saw how cheap the discogs seller had this copy available for, I didn't hesitate to finally grab it.

220 pressed on clear vinyl.

2 comments:

luciferyellow said...

Oh man, I just have to comment for the word pun. That's all.

Mike said...

I was quite pleased with that myself. Thanks for taking the time to appreciate it.