Friday, April 03, 2020

Orange Anxious

It feels funny to be chasing multiple copies of records again. It was about five years ago when I got fed up with that game and took myself out of the cycle of buying every single pressing, but I won't deny, that shit can be fun to do.

When I first saw Anxious play at the Have Heart reunion last summer, I did not really like them. I found the style to be a bit annoying to listen to, and I quickly decided that I didn't need to pay any attention to the band. When it turned out that they were playing the AHC 2019 matinee show, I figured that maybe I'd give their songs a quick listen on Spotify the day before the show. I was quite surprised with how much I loved what I was hearing, and decided to pick up the bands 7 inch at the show. That record turned out to be black vinyl, and since I couldn't stop spinning it I found that I desperately wanted a colored vinyl pressing, and I hunted down the pink vinyl.

Having two copies of the record felt a bit silly, since I only needed the orange vinyl to complete the set. When the Field Agent EP went up for preorder, I decided to grab that orange vinyl I was missing.

So here I sit with three copies of the Anxious 7 inch. It isn't really my favorite record from last year, but it sure is a lot of fun to listen to. I can't wait to see where the band goes from here.

No comments: