Wednesday, April 29, 2020

I.O.U. Nothing

I really enjoy buying cheap records from older 90's and 00's hardcore bands that no one seems to care about anymore, but after my string of recent posts, I was itching to pick up something a bit more substantial. I wanted to add a record to my collection that felt more crucial to the collection, and something that had a bit more history to it.

I love the early Broken Bones stuff. I had the Bonecrusher and F.O.A.D. tapes as a kid and I've been looking to pick up their earlier records for years, but I've never followed through and actually bought something. As I was looking through my Discogs want list, I noticed that there was a US seller that had the Crucifix 7 inch available. The price was reasonable, and I didn't have to cough up extra cash for overseas shipping, so I jumped on it.

That cover art is amazing, and the condition is great. The seller was the drummer from Septic Death, and apparently the dude knew how to take care of his records.

Three songs clocking in just over five minutes. This is punk history, and I'm happy to finally have a copy in the collection. Now I want more Broken Bones records!

No comments: