My last post I talked about picking up the Roosevelt 7 inch because of rediscovering the split they did with Culture. Well, as I was looking through what else the seller had, I noticed he also had a Culture 7 inch available that I'd never heard before, so I tossed that in the cart as well.I've only ever been familiar with Culture's Born Of You album. I don't know why that happens... why I'll find that I really enjoy a record from a band, and then never branch out to anything else they did. Such was the case here. As I've been obsessing over stuff like Disembodied, Morning Again and other metal influenced hardcore bands from the 90's, it suddenly struck me that I'd forgotten about Culture, and I should be adding them to the mix. I brought up the Heteronome EP on Spotify and quickly knew that I'd been missing out.The two songs from the Oath 7 inch make up the foundation of the Heteronome EP (which is slightly confusing)... and along with the song Deforestation and Exchange (from the Roosevelt split), I've been loving revisiting this daily.
In Reverse
1 hour ago


2 comments:
Mike, great addition. The artwork was done by Damien Moyal himself if I remember correctly. Have the two regular colours of this plus a more rare colour. Born Of You is my go to album for American nineties hardcore music though.
PS the Heteronome EP compact disc was my introduction to American hardcore music.
Post a Comment