Thursday, February 09, 2023

Mega Bussin'

Last year, I was very surprised to discover that House Of Suffering had released a second 7 inch back in '92. Somehow, that record completely flew under my radar and it was a shock to stumble upon it 30 years after it's release. After picking up that Wired / Youth 7 inch, I started to dig around on Discogs to see if there was anything else that I was missing... and that's when I found the Bus Volume 2 complilation.
This Bus comp features four bands from the Southern California area in the early 90's. For me, this focal point of this 7 inch is the House Of Suffering song, which is similar to what the band did with Wired / Youth. The band just know how to groove. The other cool thing on this comp is the song from Beatless, which is just a Kevin Murphy one-man project. The song here is Kill Me, which obviously shows up on Farside's Rigged album two years later. It is kind of neat to find this early recording of the song.
White vinyl and numbered on the center label out of 580.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Damnit, I need this so bad! I picked up the 'Bus' volume 1 comp a couple of years ago. You should search it out on my blog. One of the comments made me chuckle today.

Mike said...

Ha! Too funny. I don't remember that at all!