Monday, February 20, 2023

The Pain I Face

Around '92, I originally bought the cassette single for Unbroken's You Won't Be Back. I don't seem to have that cassette in my possession anymore, so I probably sold it off to Doug when I unloaded a bunch of my tapes years ago. When I was recently picking up a couple of records from a Discogs seller, I noticed that they had the colored vinyl for that Unbroken 7 inch, I figured it was a good time to finally get this back in my collection, and in a better format.
I'm certain that I've seen this 7 inch in a local record store through the years, but I've always let it pass me by for the stupid reason that these two songs weren't as good as what Unbroken would release in the years following this. Dumb. While it may not be at the same level as Ritual, these two songs are still some solid early 90's hardcore. It definitely fits in with the other classic two song 7 inches that were released in '92, like Worlds Collide, Snapcase, Blindfold, Ressurection and Four Walls Falling.
I'd never really looked to collect this Unbroken 7 inch, and then shortly after I picked up this copy, Marcus found a pink vinyl version when we were at Wanna Hear It together. Having this orange vinyl makes me want that pink version so much more, and I wish that I'd grabbed it before he did.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Seems I pipped you to a couple of things that day at Wanna Hear It. Maybe we should trade? How about the unbroken 7" on pink and sweet vision 7" on green for your Robot Whales test press?