Monday, February 13, 2023

Record Store Damnation

Bouncing back to my haul from Wanna Hear It Records that I posted about here last month... there was one record that I picked up that proved to be a bit more trouble than I had expected. It took a couple of weeks to get things straightened out, so here we go.
As a collector of AC/DC records, over the past couple of years I've discovered a couple of cover variants with the For Those About To Rock design. Of course, I already own the regular pressing with the the copper cover and black print, but I've recently found that the pressing out of Spain had the colors inverted so it was copper print on a black cover. Very cool. I want one. Then shortly after finding out about the Spain press, I came to realize that the Let's Get It Up single in the US came with that same cannon design, except it was on a red cover. Yes! I want them all! When I was at Wanna Hear It, I was mostly focused on hardcore records, but as I was killing time and waiting for Marcus to finish up, I quickly flipped throught the rock singles, and there was the red cover. Without hesitating, I quickly added it to my pile before checking out.
A couple of weeks later, I was going through all of my records from that day, and something caught my eye. The picture sleeve cover was for the Let's Get It Up single, but the actual record itself was for Rock 'N' Roll Damnation. Fuck. I was going to have to fix this situation.
Thankfully, the Let's Get It Up 7 inch, without the cover, is pretty common and cheap on Discogs, so I quickly bought one to stick in the picture sleeve. The Rock 'N' Roll Damnation 7 inch never came with a picture sleeve, so I didn't have to worry about that one. Problem solved.

No comments: