Sunday, February 12, 2023

Clear Your Way

There was a time around 2014/2015 where I found myself losing some excitement over hardcore. The newer records at the time just weren't holding my attention, and I was more interested in what what was happening in rock and metal. Early in 2017, that tide began to shift back to hardcore's favor when I discovered a string of new bands on Triple B, including Free At Last.
That Embrace You record from Free At Last was so great and such a fantastic surprise. Shortly after discovering that record, I found that the band had also released a 7 inch a few years earlier. I found the Dog Years Records webstore and placed an order for the Pave Your Way EP, but I'm assuming that the label had collapsed by that point as I never received my order. Honestly, I was ordering so much shit at the time that I didn't even realize that I never received my record until probably eight months had passed. It sucked, but it was only one record, and I just wrote it off as a loss. Four years later, I finally made a move to pick up that 7 inch though Discogs.
The six songs on Pave Your Way aren't as great as what I found on the Embrace You LP, but this is still a fun 7 inch. It is a good listen when you are in the mood for some good straight forward hardcore, and why wouldn't you always be in the mood for that?

No comments: