Friday, February 24, 2023

Kill The Messenger

Similar to The Suicide File, Kill The Messenger were another band from that late 90's/early 2000 period that I didn't appreciate at the time. I remember picking up the All The Angels Crash And Burn CD back in the day, mainly because it had the singer from Outspoken, but I don't remember it really leaving much of an impression on me. I think that I wanted something that was more in the vein of My Heart Still Beats, but Kill The Messenger was seemed to be more influenced by Black Flag or B'last... and because it wasn't more of that Outspoken sound, I kind of dismissed it.
I dusted off that Kill The Messenger CD last year when I was obsessing over a bunch of stuff from around 2000, and I was surprised with how fucking great it was. Man, I slept on some really great bands during this time.
Everyone's favorite format... the 10 inch! Oh well, at $6, at least it was cheap.

No comments: