Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Indecision And Change

Change is one of the more recent bands that I'm collecting multiple variants for. I think it has to do with the React Records connection, and I used to be a fiend for collecting that label and sometimes old habits are hard to break. I scooped up multiple copies of the original colored vinyl (although, I'm missing a couple Refuse pressings), and then when React did a second pressing, I had an internal debate if I needed that one as well (apparently, I did). Now, here we are, two years after the release of Closer Still, and Indecision Records delivers a new pressing. There are still copies of the original pressing on Discogs at decent prices, but I guess someone wanted to get some fresh colored vinyl into the market, and here we are. This is still a great album, but it would be nice to get some new Change material at some point.
The promo image that Indecision used to sell this latest pressing hooked me. The three colors of vinyl, while they didn't match the cover at all, looked nice as a set, so I bought each option. Of course, the mock up doesn't look like the finished product and the colors don't complement each other as much as I expected. That lime green is a bit jaring. Limited to 200.
Indecision changed up the packaging for the Change records, and applied the lyrics and photos from the original insert into a gatefold sleeve. 350 pressed on clear orange.
Finally, the more common version is clear vinyl. 450 pressed.
What really sold me on buying this set was that I already owned six copies, and I knew that three more would give me a nice even square at nine copies. I'm a sucker for symmetry.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Cool photo. And funny that I seem to have one that you don't.