Monday, January 30, 2023

Death By Colored Vinyl

One more record from my haul at Wanna Hear It to close out this successful visit. I wasn't expecting to pick up as much as I did, and it was a surprise that I had to pump the brakes and keep my spending in check. Man, I could have bought so much more.
I'm generally not interested in reissues, but I've been itching to pick up both the Leprosy and Spiritual Healing records from Death for the last couple of years. Of course, I wanted original Combat pressings, but holy fuck, I wasn't expecting that they were $200 records. I mean, I've listened to both of those albums a lot in the past year, but I wasn't sure that I wanted to commit to that kind of price tag right now. My other option was one of the Relapse reissues that the label have been turning out for the past few years. Those reissues have seen some wild colored vinyl splatter pattern options, and as much I tend to hate that shit, I've strangely found myself attracted to these. I don't know what it is... maybe it is a case of "so bad that it's good"... but I wouldn't kick one out of bed for eating crackers. Seeing one of recent reissues for Spiritual Healing in the rack at Wanna Hear It, and seeing the $20 price tag, was too much temptation for me to resist. I had to have it.
"Custom butterfly with splatter" colored vinyl. Man, this whole album is just so sick. One of Death's best.

No comments: