Sunday, January 15, 2023

12 Inches Of Faim

Faim have been around for a while, but I didn't bother checking them out until last year. I become obsessed with the band Power Alone, and in watching one of their live sets on YouTube, they acknowledged and gave thanks to the singer of Faim who was standing up front and watching them play. At that moment, I figured that maybe I should give Faim a shot as well.
Faim are harsh and aggressive as fuck. They aren't as easily digestible to me as Power Alone were. Kat's voice sounds extremely raw, pushed to the point of almost breaking and the music is so hard. Man, this shit is intense. The band is angry and bill themselves as Denver Political Hardcore, and I'm there for the music and the message.
The first Faim EP was reissued last year as a 12 inch, and I was digging the look of the newly designed cover, so I figured that I'd start there. 7 songs that clock in just over 12 minutes. This shit sounds so pissed off.
Nice looking screen printed b-side. 100 pressed on purple vinyl.

No comments: