Friday, April 29, 2022

Smelly Nelly Single

While I try to keep serious and focused on chasing the important records for my collection, sometimes I just want to buy something stupid and have a good time. Adding new singles to the collection is never a priority, but it is always fucking fun. They are pointless in the long run, but for some reason, I still get a charge out of buying them.
Earlier this year, I picked up a couple of Krokus singles, and that ended up being so much fun that I grabbed a couple more. The good times keep rolling as I couldn't resist also picking up Smelly Nelly single from '81 recently. I'm not sure what it is about collecting Krokus records that has me excited...I think that I just get thrill out of buying records for bands that most people don't really care about. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that by the end of the 80's many people gave a shit about this band and their AC/DC inspired sound, and that is probably more so in 2022. It just makes me love them that much more.
German pressing of Smelly Nelly b/w Burning Bones.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

In a perfect world, Krokus would be blaring from every car stereo's local classic rock station in 2022. In my opinion, these dudes brought it in a way that most of their contemporaries did not. Solid discography, even the missteps are better than other bands' missteps from that era.

Mike said...

Love it! Glad to know that someone else appreciates Krokus!