Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Red Vinyl, Rag Dolls

I didn't set out to start collecting Krokus singles. I bought a couple of them last month simply because I was already buying some records from a seller, and I noticed that they had a couple of them available for cheap. It seemed like a fun thing to grab at the time, so I went with it. Shortly after that, I was picking up a few other records from a different overseas seller, and there were two more Krokus singles sitting there and looking cute, so I ended up taking them home for a good time as well.
I've said it before, but there is something about colored vinyl singles from the 80's that I just can't resist. I imagine stuff like this blowing minds back in those days when black vinyl was king. This stuff just seems special to me... and that red vinyl is looking fine.
The songs Rock City and the ever classy Mr. Sixty Nine were taken from the 1981 album, Hardware, but the live version of Mad Racket is pretty cool to have here. This was the UK single, and the Ariola label name always makes me giggle like an 11 year old.
Another UK single that I picked up was the one for Bad Boys Rag Dolls b/w Save Me. No cool colored vinyl for this one, as Arista decide to stick with the regular black vinyl here. Still the picture sleeve is always cool to add to the collection.
Both songs here were taken from the 1982 album, One Vice At A Time, so there isn't anything new here. Still, I'm glad to have this, and now I kind of want to search out more of these Krokus singles.

No comments: