Friday, March 11, 2022

Metal Daze

One of the records that I was most excited to receive last year was the Manowar album Sign Of The Hammer. It has to be due to some kind of nostalgia trip, but picking up 80's metal records gives me the biggest kick. I keep telling myself that those are the only records that I want to chase this year. My collection is patchy at best for those records and I want to make some serious fucking moves on its progress. I've gotten distracted a few times over these first couple of months, but that's okay because it just makes a purchase like this one so much fucking sweeter.
I was a big Manowar fan as a teen. Hail To England. Fighting The World. Kings Of Metal. That shit was all gold. Yet somehow, I managed to make it through those years without ever hearing the first Manowar album, Battle Hymns. I realized the error of my ways a number of years ago and I downloaded the album, but I didn't really gain a full appreciation of it until just this past year. I can't believe that I've been missing out on such a fucking beast of a record. These songs hit me hard and I can't get enough of them. I mean, I assume that you have to be an 80's metal kid that grew up on Sylvester Stallone and Chuck Norris action movies to fully appreciate the chest thumping, songs about riding motorcycles and going to fight the war in Vietnam, and just all around metal flex that is all over this record, but goddamn, I love it.
I was happy to pick this copy up from my latest favorite eBay seller. I know that his records are going to be in top condition and it feels good to not get suckered into inflated Discogs prices.

No comments: