Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Less Talk, 25 Years Of More Rock

Fat Wreck Chords has been rolling out some 25 year anniversary pressings for their catalog. I picked up a couple of the Good Riddance anniversary pressings last year, and I was surprised with how great they looked. I knew that I was going to have to keep my eye open to see if the label released anything else in this series that interested me. When I saw that Propagandhi's Less Talk, More Rock was getting the 25th anniversary treatment, I figured that I might as well grab that one too.
I've never been very big on the Fat Wreck bands, but in the late 90's both Good Riddance and Propagandhi were a couple of my favorite bands at that time. Less Talk, More Rock was especially a huge record for me. It wore it's politics on it's sleeve, and just seemed to shove a middle finger into the face of uptight conservatives everywhere... laughing the whole time. I absolutely loved the spirit of that record. I've wanted an original colored vinyl pressing of this record for a while now, but prices were just a little too high for me to seriously consider chasing it, so this one will have to do.
Once again, Fat Wreck does a great job with this anniversary pressing. I'm digging that metallic foil stamped name and title they use on the cover for this series.
The copy that I picked up came with a slipmat. Classic Propagandhi.
While I was picking up the Less Talk, More Rock record, I noticed that Fat Wreck also had a new colored vinyl pressing of Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes. This was another Propagandhi record that I'd wanted to add to the collection at some point. Seeing this one in the store made it an easy choice to just grab this one now. I've tried to get into the Propagandhi records after this one, and while they are okay, I just have never felt a burning need to revisit them very often. Basically, all that I need are the first three Propagandhi albums.
While this one isn't a part of the 25th anniversary series, I'm still happy to finally have a copy of this album. I also think that the colored vinyl for this one looks great.

No comments: