Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Mantic Execution

Look, I've been listening a lot of thrash this year. The majority of my daily playlists are spent in the late 80's, and I've had stuff like Forbidden, Atrophy, and Flotsam & Jetsam on repeat. Picking up the new Mantic Ritual 7 inch recently reminded me that I needed to throw some of those thrash revival bands into the mix as well. That 7 inch also proved to be the push that I needed to finally pick up one of my favorite records from that late 2000 era.
Of course when Mantic Ritual originally released their Executioner album in 2009, I was still buying a lot of CDs, so it feels good to finally right those past wrongs. Man, some of those records from the thrash revival era didn't hold up enough to have me returning to them on the regular, but this Mantic Ritual album still has me thrashing like a maniac. Revisiting this era and grabbing this album has me wanting to grab some vinyl from other thrashers from that time like Bonded By Blood, Evile and Gama Bomb.
When the options are splatter or metallic silver for colored vinyl, I'll skip playing that game and just hit the black vinyl. Overseas shipping cost almost as the price tag on this record, but it doesn't matter when you want it bad enough.

No comments: