Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Here Comes Trouble In 2020

It has been a weird fucking year, and I'm so tired of people and their stupidity. Coronavirus and people that refuse to wear a mask...racist bullshit and police attacks on Black Lives Matter protesters...every single fucking Trump supporter...I'm fucking done. It's exhausting, and the only upside to COVID quarantining is that I don't have to go outside very often and deal with these jackwads. Through all of this, you know what makes me happy? David Coverdale makes me happy. That's right. I can't get enough of Whitesnake and the Coverdale era of Deep Purple. Those albums cleanse my mind and helps me forget all of that bullshit for a while.

Earlier this year, I picked up the US pressing for Whitesnake's first album, Snakebite, and I was having such a good time spinning that record that I decided to track down a copy of the band's second album, Trouble. Damn. This record is magic and totally takes the edge off of a shit day.

The US pressing had a slick full color front cover, but there was something more attractive for me to grab the original UK pressing with that white cover. Sure it doesn't look as professional as the US pressing, but I think that is why I gravitate towards it...I dig the rough, thrown together look of that cover.

When I was picking up the Trouble album, the UK seller also had a Whitesnake single that I wanted to grab as well, but eBay wouldn't let me combine the shipping for them. I messaged the seller and he had to cancel my original order, and then combine the records into a single listing so that I could click Buy It Now. What a pain in the ass. Discogs is so much easier to use.

This is an odd single that covers three songs from three different albums. Fool For Your Loving from Ready An' Willing, Mean Business from Lovehunter, and then Don't Mess With Me from Trouble.

While I've been interested in collecting singles lately, the thing that attracted me to this one was that the seller listed that it came with a "luminous sleeve". I was't exactly sure what that meant, but for few bucks I figured that I'd grab it and find out. Wow. This record is 40 years old and still glows in the dark like a motherfucker. I figured that the luminous ink would have long gone bad, so I was stunned to see how great this glow still looks in the dark.

No comments: