Thursday, August 13, 2020

Can't Live Without Singles

I've stepped up my Scorpions game this year and started chasing Japanese pressings for their albums. It has been a lot of fun crossing a few of them off the list, and it has lead to me listening to them quite a bit this summer. When I was recently picking up some Whitesnake records from an eBay seller, and I noticed that they also had a Scorpions single available, I didn't hesitate to add it to my cart. The obsession over singles keeps rolling on...

The main thing that attracted me to this single for Can't Live Without You was that it was on clear vinyl. There isn't anything special about colored vinyl being pressed these days, as you expect that records will be released on six different colors...but back in the 80's, when vinyl was king, you most likely only got black vinyl. So when I saw this Scorpions single from 1982 on clear vinyl, it was something different for the time, and I scooped it up.

Goddamn. This single looks great!

No comments: