Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Rhino Gray 9mm

I'd never listened to Orange 9mm when Rev announced that they were reissuing their 1994 EP this year, but for some reason it put the thought in my head that maybe it was time to finally check the band out.

How I never managed to hear this band back when I had a steady diet of Fugazi and Quicksand, is beyond me. When I finally took the time to listen to the songs on this EP, I immediately fell in love and quickly placed an order for the reissue. I love the groove on this EP and I can't help but bounce along to these songs. Got to love 90's hardcore.

500 pressed on "rhino gray" colored vinyl.

Honestly, I'm not too impressed with the colored vinyl as it could easily be mistaken for black vinyl at a quick glance. At this point I wish that I'd just invested in an orange or green first pressing. Oh well, I'm still fucking stoked to have finally discovered this band in 2020.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Takes me back. I picked this up in a local record shop when it came out. I remember seeing the cover and seeing the Rev logo on the front, but not being sure I wanted to commit to spending the money, so I asked the dude in the shop to play it for me. I think I decided to buy it within about 5 seconds of it starting to play.