Thursday, August 20, 2020

Primitive Splatter Blast

Triple B had an amazing run last year. They had their fair share of clunkers, but goddamn, I still added around nine of their new releases and many of them were my favorite records of the year. For 2020, I've been a bit underwhelmed with what Triple B has been putting out. Sure they have dropped a couple of really great records this year, and we still have plenty of time for them to release something that gets me fired up, so we will see how the rest of the year shakes out.

I have had zero interest in some of the things that Triple B have released lately, so I didn't have high expectations when they announced they were releasing a record from some band named Primitive Blast. I'd never heard of them, but figured that I'd still give it a chance. Okay, this is a step in the right direction. Coming from Australia, Primitive Blast hit hard with a sound that reminds me of Rival Mob or Think I Care...not nearly as good as those bands, but in that vein. Still, it was good enough for me to drop the money for this six song EP...or maybe I was just desperate to buy a new hardcore record.

200 pressed on white with black splatter one sided 12 inch.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hello mate great bloog post