Friday, August 28, 2020

Peace Of Mindforce

No doubt, the Mindforce album from a couple years ago was an absolute banger. Excalibur still holds up and is in regular rotation in my playlists...but I was still able to maintain a level of self restraint and not buy multiple copies. One first press copy was enough for me...until Triple B played to my weakness with a different cover design.

Initially, I didn't think too much of the variation on the artwork, but now that I've sat with it for a couple of weeks, I'm liking it more and more, and I think it is a nice compliment to the original.

Of course the question now is, am I satisfied with two copies of this album, or do I want more? One first press copy made sense, but a copy from the first and fourth pressing? That just seems weird.

Green with purple splatter is limited to 300 for the fourth press.

Outside of the new cover artwork and layout, the biggest draw for me to pick this up was the bonus flexi with the song Man Of Peace taken from the original Excalibur sessions but not included on the LP. It is cool to have it here, although the flexi format is kind of lame and a total pain in the ass to put on the turntable for one song.

No comments: