Sunday, August 23, 2020

We Still Believe In Ecostrike

Ecostrike are one of my favorite current hardcore bands these days, so I had no doubt that their new album, The Truth We Still Believe, was going to be great. Even though I was eagerly anticipating this record, I still somehow fucked up and missed when the preorders went up, and by the time I got there, the colored vinyl pinwheel pressing was already sold out.

When I heard the first Ecostrike record back in 2017, it really reminded me of early Earth Crisis 7 inches, and then the Voice Of Strength album in 2018 had some strong One Truth era Strife vibes to it, so I was excited to see what the band would deliver with their latest album. The Truth We Still Believe isn't that big of a departure from what Ecostrike was doing previously. Surprisingly the band haven't followed the metal direction that Earth Crisis and Strife took, and instead they stay firmly in that pocket of hardcore...and that is a good thing. This will easily be one of my favorite new hardcore albums this year.

300 pressed on blue with orange splatter vinyl.

No comments: