Monday, August 26, 2019

Half Alive, Full Ekulu

Last year, I posted on Instagram about how I thought that the Mindforce album was most likely going to end up as my Record Of The Year for hardcore. A couple of people took the time to comment that they liked some band named Ekulu even more. I'd never heard of them, so I quickly checked out a song from their 7 inch that year, but it didn't really do much for me, so I shrugged my shoulders and moved on.

In 2019, Ekulu delivered their follow up 7 inch, Half Alive. While I was adding new records to my Triple B cart, I figured that it couldn't hurt to give the band another chance. I queued up one of their new songs, and immediately I was feeling it. Yes! This time things were clicking, and before that song was done, I was already adding a copy of the new record to the cart.

Oh man, this two song 7 inch is so good. It hits hard, and reminds me of the Power Trip album from a couple years back. I love it.

Because I was late to the party, I missed the most limited pressing of this. 300 pressed on olive green colored vinyl.

Since I was loving the Half Alive EP, I figured that I'd go back and check out that first 7 inch again. Now that I was in the right frame of mind, I was enjoying this record quite a bit more. It isn't going to come close to that Mindforce album, but it is still really good. I'm glad that I finally got hooked on this one.

500 pressed on clear purple colored vinyl.

No comments: