Sunday, August 25, 2019

Who The Hell Is Wild Side?

After recently picking up a couple of new records from Triple B, I was fired up on the core. The new One Step Closer and Fury records were cool, but I needed more. I went back to the Triple B store to see what else was going on, and since there were a bunch of new records from bands that I'd never heard of before, I just bounced over to their bandcamp page to see if any of it was worth my attention.

Admittedly, I had low expectations from Wild Side. That album title was just not sitting right with me, and I was expecting some bullshit, but with the hype machine talking about "what the third Warzone LP should have been", I decided to give it a chance. Holy fuck. Yes! This record rules. There is definitely a Warzone influence here, but I'm reminded more of Warzone knock-offs like Iron Boots...and since I fucking love Iron Boots, I'm down with this Wild Side record. Quite possibly my favorite hardcore record of 2019.

I'm not wild (see what I did there) about the colored vinyl options. Platinum and metallic gold are two of my least favorite colors, but I grabbed one anyway. Platinum is limited to 200.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I'm with you on this one dude. My favourite of the Triple B releases I downloaded by a long way. I never thought of Warzone or Iron Boots, although I was thinking that it just sounds like it would have sat right at home in the Lockin' Out catalog back in 2004.

Mike said...

Nice! I'm glad that we are on the same page with this one. So good!