Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Sweet Seven Inch O' Mine

I still have a small stack of records that I inherited from Steve after he passed away...a few odds and ends that I didn't think were too important, and yet, I couldn't bring myself to include them in the pile that I donated to the local Goodwill. With my hair metal obsession this year, I finally pulled Steve's copy of 5150 from Van Halen out of that pile and was surprised that I enjoyed the hell out of it...so when I found myself interested in singles, I flipped through the stack of Steve's old 7 inches to see if anything sparked my interest.

I'm not big on collecting Guns N' Roses, but it was cool to pull the Sweet Child O' Mine single from Steve's collection and add it to my own. While the song is definitely overplayed, you can't deny how great the Appetite For Destruction album is. That one album is the extent of my G N' R interest, but who knows, maybe someday I'll break down and finally check out the Use Your Illusion records.

Jesus, that barcode on the center label is fucking ugly. There is one on the back of the picture sleeve already, so I'm not sure what the point is of placing it on the A and B-side labels as well.

No comments: