Saturday, January 11, 2014

Venom's American Assault

A few months ago, the wife and I took a weeks vacation to hang out in South Carolina and celebrate our 20th anniversary. We left the kids behind, and took off for some much needed relaxation in Charleston. Being in a new city, I was itching to find a local record store, and on our last day there I was able to scratch it with Earshot Records. There is nothing like finding a new record store, I was hot to check out what they had to offer.

I've mentioned here, that I've been on a mission to collect original pressings of Metal records, and when I walked into the store, I immediately headed to the used vinyl bin. They had a few things that caught my eye, but as soon as I saw Venom's American Assault, I knew that it was coming home with me.

The album itself offered nothing new when it was released in 1985...three previous released studio tracks on one side, and on the other, three live songs recorded from a gig in Hammersmith. Still, I've been wanting to build up my Venom collection, so I took the opportunity to do so.

No comments: