Sunday, September 08, 2024

Eddie Rips Up London

Seems that whenever I post a live bootleg record here, it makes me want to rush out and buy another one of them. After posting about the Megadeth boot earlier this year, it didn't take me long to head over to the Hells Headbangers store and see what I could pick up next.

Iron Maiden live boots are an instant buy for me. I own 10 or 11 Maiden bootlegs, and will not hesitate to buy a new one if the cover catches my eye. I just can't say no to a good looking Eddie cover... especially since the bootleg fan art tends to look better than what Maiden puts on their studio covers.

Back in 2005, I was really getting back in to heavy metal after distancing myself from that style of music through the 90's. Iron Maiden was touring and playing only the early shit, from the self titled album through Piece Of Mind, and made a stop in Massachusetts. At that time, while I was starting to listen to more and more metal, I was not going to see the bands play live... and after the band came and went, I deeply regreted not going to that show. Fun fact, after that Eddie Rips Up The World tour in 2005, I've seen Iron Maiden play every tour since then (with the exception of them touring for The Final Frontier album when they didn't play Massachusetts that time around) for a total of six times... with my seventh time coming up in a couple of months when Maiden hit Massachusetts for The Future Past tour.
All of this is to say that I'm happy to finally have a live boot from that 2005 tour. I love all eras of Iron Maiden, but man, this setlist of early songs is just so good. Makes me wish that they would do another tour playing this older stuff.

No comments: