Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Spaced Out

I've been terrible at keeping up with new music this year. It is September and I think that I've only heard three new hardcore records (Planet on a Chain, One Step Closer and the Wreckage 7 inch that I can't find the colored vinyl for). I really need someone to help put shit on my radar because I'm dropping the ball big time this year. Thankfully, Marcus came through and dropped me a note, asking if I'd checked the Spaced record that Rev released.
I'd seen some fellow bloggers post about Spaced... Marcus had a great post with all of the versions of the new record, and Ralf mentioned comparisons to Turnstile with the first Spaced record, so while I was definitely interested, I still wasn't paying attention. I needed that extra push of a direct recommendation. Once I finally sat down and checked the record, I was immediately hooked.
Spaced sound really cool, and they actually remind me a lot of Buggin. Fast hardcore that makes me want to move. So good, and will be getting a lot of spins from me through the end of the year. Seriously, what else am I missing?

No comments: