Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Never Mind The Spiritual Cramps

A couple of months ago, my friend Sarah had messaged me, asking if I could find her a limited record that she was interesting in buying. Easy enough task for someone like me that is always on the hunt for records, and within minutes I was sending her a discogs link for where she could buy it. I thought the price was reasonable, but for someone that doesn't collect records, the $50 price tag may have seemed a bit high. She ended up buying the record and then I got to talking about some expensive records that I had sitting in my Discogs cart that I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on... and after talking her into buying a record, I felt like it was time to treat myself as well.
I've been obsessed with Spiritual Cramp since discovering them early this year. I really like this band, but I was a bit on the fence on how much I really wanted to collect their records. I'd been keeping my eye on the record release version for the first 7 inch for a while, and wringing my hands over if I should spend the money or not. It was released by REACT Records, and since I have a decent REACT collection, that made me want it a bit more... plus that Sex Pistols cover design and the fact that only 35 of them existed, really helped to force my hand. Fuck. If I didn't buy it, who knows if I would ever get the chance again... so while I was riding that Spiritual Cramp high, I clicked the button on Discogs to order it.
The copy that I received had a note inside to the original buyer, and I assume from the singer, Mike. Thanks for the five bucks bro.
Number 27 of 35.

No comments: