Sunday, September 29, 2024

The Kids Are Back At Donington

My friend Jeff gave me this record as a Christmas gift last year. He has recently acquired a bunch of old classic hardcore and punk records to sell for a friend, and since I'll be slowly buying some from him in the near future, I figured that I'd better get this album up on the blog before I get to the more interesting shit.
While I do really love the early Twisted Sister records, I probably wouldn't have bothered to chase down this live set at Donington from '83. This live recording has been available for years as a bootleg, but it seems to have received an official release back in 2022. I'm not wild about the record cover... especially using a photo from a year or so after this recorded show... but the live songs themselves sound great, and as a gift, I'll happily add this to the collection and give it the occasional spin.
The colored vinyl doesn't look too terrible, but could have done without the black splatter. Splatter ruins everything.

No comments: