Saturday, September 21, 2024

Crooked Bat Claw

The new Bat album was released back in May this year, and while I've really enjoyed the other records from them, 2025 has been a strange year and I haven't been able to work up any interest until now. Something clicked in my brain a few weeks ago when I was posting the latest album from The Obsessed, and suddenly I felt the urge to check out some of the more newer metal records. The new Bat album came to mind, and I headed over to Spotify to finally check it out.
Bat haven't released anything since before the Covid pandemic... so, like 100 years ago. No worries though, because Bat keep doing what Bat does best and channelling that old Venom sound (with a healthy dose of Motorhead's Orgasmatron) directly into Under The Crooked Claw. Initially I wasn't too excited about the cartoon bat cover art, but after a friend showed me examples of what other bands were doing with their generic AI looking covers, I suddenly felt a lot better about this one.
Shockingly, there seems to be only one colored vinyl pressing of this album. 1,500 on clear with black marble. Happy to be able to grab this copy at a local record store instead of Discogs for a change.

No comments: