Saturday, August 31, 2024

Sorrow Obsessed

New metal albums haven't been holding my interest too much this year. The few that I've checked out, have been good, but I've just not wanted to spend any time with them. So when I saw the new record from The Obsessed at one of the local record stores, I'm not sure why I felt the need to buy it.
I've never been a huge fan of The Obsessed. Nothing against them, I just haven't taken the time to really sit with any of their older records (even though my friend, Jeff, is always after me to listen to The Church Within). I did, however, enjoy their last album from 2017, Sacred, and actually spent time listening to it, so when I saw the new record at the store I figured that I'd grab it...even if I wasn't feeling the need to listen to it at the time. At some point, I'd be in that place, right? So I might as well buy it when I saw it.
The past couple of weeks have seen surprisingly cooler temperatures... strange for August, and it has started to feel a bit like Fall, and so when I saw the new record from The Obsessed in the stack of records to blog about, the time suddenly felt right. Man, I have been listening to Gilded Sorrow this past week and has put me in the mood for more shit like this.

No comments: