Tuesday, August 20, 2024

One Step Ahead

While I was in a 90's hardcore mood (always) and picking up the Burst Of Silence 7 inch, I decided to take a look at the sellers list to see if they had any other cool things from that time period that I needed to pick up.
One Step Ahead might have sounded identical to Verbal Assault... in fact I might have picked up this 7 inch because No Answers zine reviewed the band's first record, saying that "some of the songs were blatant Verbal Assault rip offs." Sounds good to me... and probably why I enjoyed the band Remission so much as well. I know what I like, and if the band does it well, I'm not concerned how much they may "borrow" from another band's sound.
Of course in my ignorance, back in 1991, I picked up the black vinyl version. Happy to finally grab the white vinyl pressing after all these years. Man, the two songs on this 7 inch from 1991 are just so good. Shame they didn't do anything after this.

No comments: