Sunday, August 18, 2024

Burst Of Colored Vinyl

Like most years, I've spent a good amount of time listening to 90's hardcore. It is probably the place that I spend the most time. It just never gets old for me. So shortly after posting some lesser known stuff like Man Will Surrender and Deepwater a few months ago, I immediately felt the need to search out more of that kind of thing.
I've always had a soft spot for the Burst Of Silence 7 inch. I saw them play day three of the New Bedford fest in 1994, and grabbed their record after watching them play. Of course the record that I bought at the show was the black vinyl, and at the time I didn't really know any different. To the best of my knowledge there was only one pressing of any record... and it was usually on black vinyl, although occasionally something was pressed on colored vinyl instead... but I had no idea that record labels would do BOTH. It took me years to understand this fact. So here we are 30+ years later, and I'm finally getting around to adding the colored vinyl version to my collection.
There isn't anything really original with the four songs on that 7 inch... they play that chugga chugga style of 90's hardcore and hit all the standard topics of straight edge and vegetarianism, but I don't care because I love that style and there can never be enough straight edge vegetarian/vegan songs. I eat that shit up.

No comments: