Thursday, May 30, 2024

The Same Deepwater As You

When I was picking up the Man Will Surrender record from a Discogs seller last year, I was checking to see what other hardcore records they had available and I came across something listed with a release date of 1993. I'd never heard of Deepwater, but as soon as I opened the Discogs page for the band, I saw that Jason Jordan from Encounter played guitar for them. I quickly downloaded the songs on Soulseek, and after a quick listen, I was adding the record to my cart.
As soon as I started listening to the songs on this record, the vocals immediately sounded familar. I couldn't quite place them, so I started digging in and following links on Discogs, and quickly found out it was the same guy that sang for Policy Of Three. Holy shit. I loved that band too! I dug in a little further and found that the other guitar player had also been in Point Of View.

Goddamn. Encounter. Policy Of Three. Point Of View. I could not get this record into my collection any faster.

I found it strange that I'd never heard of this 90's hardcore "supergroup" until 30 years later, but then I noticed the record was released on Break Even Point. I always found it weird when US hardcore bands released their record through this label out of Italy. I'm not sure if Break Even Point were big in Europe, but they were basically invisible here in the States... hence, probably the main reason why I'd never heard of Deepwater back in the day.

No comments: