Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Amusement

After seeing a few people post about Amusement on Instagram recently... and Lins making comparisons to Seaweed... I figured that I'd check them out.
The first thing that caught my eye was the simple cover design. The look is very straightforward and it reminds me of something that would have come out in the late 70's. It is a great aesthetic.
Amusement come right out of the gates with two 7 inch records... one from Extinction Burst, and the other from Council Records. Extinction Burst had a bundle with both records on colored vinyl, so I grabbed mine from there.
While I can kind of pick up on the Seaweed comparison, to me, Amusement's sound falls more in line with something like Pegboy. I really like the four songs here, and I enjoy them more with each listen.
I'm glad that I pulled my head out of all of the weird and different shit that I've been stuck in so far this year, and that I checked out this band. Hopefully there is more to come.

No comments: