Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Instrument Of Surrender

Last summer my music taste went off the rails. For the most part, I was just listening to different shit than I usually did, and because of that my record collecting slowed to a crawl. The new music styles that I was obsessing over had me excited to listen, but for the most part it wasn't something that I needed to buy and collect. So I bought a few old hardcore records last July, and then did a pivot on my tastes, and didn't really bother chasing records again until early this year. So basically, this next group of posts are for records that I picked up almost a year ago and have been sitting around collecting dust since they arrived... and right now I'm very happy to be listening and blogging about them.
Dude. This 12 inch from Man Will Surrender is 30 years old, and I'm just hearing it now. How insane is that? For someone that loves 90's hardcore as much as I do, and I'm still be finding cool shit like this... it blows my mind. Sure I only discovered the band with their Five On The Dime EP seven years ago, but still... why has it taken me this long?
I didn't pay much attention to Conversion Records back in the early 90's. If they were doing a release with New Age, I was into it, but Conversion only records generally didn't get my attention, and I'm not sure why. I guess that they weren't getting the hype that New Age was with their bands (and seeing that I bought this record still sealed with shrinkwrap, I guess that I wasn't the only one), so I never bothered. Glad to finally own and obsess over this record today.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Fun fact - you once handed me a parcel of records that contained a test press of this record.