Sunday, May 26, 2024

Evident Truth

When I was buying record in the early 90's, I didn't know that collecting colored vinyl and limited editions was a thing. If I bought a record on black vinyl, I just assumed that was the only option. Multiple versions was not a concept that ever entered my head at the time. I picked up the two Voice Of Reasons back then and since they were both on black vinyl, I figured that my job was done. 25 years later, I was in deep with collecting records and discovered that the Voice Of Reason 7 inches actually had colored vinyl pressings and so I started the hunt. I finished off the Gear collection last year, and I was happy to finally get the last piece of the collection recently.
Voice Of Reason were out of Texas and fit that early 90's Ebullition style that I was eating up at the time. Downcast, Struggle, Born Against... that shit ruled my world at the time, and Voice Of Reason were just as good as any of those bands getting recognition and more of the spotlight. Maybe because it played such a large part in shaping who I was to become and how I saw the world, and they were my formative years of discovering hardcore, but I still never tire of this style and I return to it often.
Parody To The Righteous was the first 7 inch from Voice Of Reason, and I'm sure that I picked it up from the Ebullition mailorder in those early days. Buying this colored vinyl version with the limited cover all these years later has me more excited than you can imagine. Holding this 7 inch in my hands, makes me want to only chase 90's hardcore records.
The "Silence = Death" sticker on the inside sleeve for the record is a sign of the times. Tell me you were a political hardcore band in the early 90's without telling me...
Full group photo to signal the complete collection of an obscure hardcore band that very few people will know or care about.

No comments: