Saturday, January 13, 2024

Cirith Parade

When Cirith Ungol reunited and released a one song single back in 2018, it took me by surprise. I never expected this obscure 80's metal band to get back together, let alone produce music that approached the quality of their classic albums... but with their first full length in almost 30 years, Forever Black in 2020 proved that they still could deliver.
I didn't even know that Cirith Ungol had a new album on the way until I was in the Metal Blade store picking up the new Cannibal Corpse back in September. Seeing Dark Parade listed for preorder, I immediately added it to the order. This album is just so solid. Traditional metal with a touch of doom. The band has remained relatively intact over the years, with the exception of adding Jarvis Leatherby from Night Demon on bass, but goddamn, they sound exactly like they did back in the 80's. How is it that the singer still sounds the same after all these years? Impressive. For some reason, I don't pull out the Cirith Ungol records very often, but I can tell that I'm going to enjoy listening to this one anytime that I do.
Nice looking "mineral marbled" colored vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

The colour looks rad!