Sunday, January 14, 2024

Wrong War Reflection

I love the band Current from the mid 90's. They play a style of hardcore punk that doesn't get old or stale for me, and their records are still in rotation in my playlists today. Absolute perfection. While Wrong War has the singer from Current, they play a more straight forward style of hardcore... and while I very much enjoy what that band is doing today, there is still a bit of me that wants them to lean into that Ebullition emo sound a bit.
Either way, Wrong War pull influence more from that early 80's hardcore sound, and really remind me of Articles Of Faith. The band has been very productive, releasing albums in both 2021 and 2022, and just kept things rolling with this 7 inch in 2023. Everything from this band has been solid, and this EP is no exception.
250 pressed on translucent red vinyl.

No comments: