Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Anklebiter Straight Edge

Back in 2022, I caught an article over on noecho.net about a new band that that was kicking it around the Northeast of the US. Anklebiter were described as a straight edge band, playing fast hardcore that's influenced by the early Lockin' Out bands like Mental and Righteous Jams. Well fuck. That was all that I needed to hear, and I downloaded a copy of their demo. Those four songs were a lot of fun, and as soon as it was announced that they were releasing a new 7 inch this year, I didn't hesitate to order one.
I'm really not a fan of the cover art on this 7 inch. I assume they are going for a more colorful and playful style similar to Mental, but this doesn't work for me here and I kinda hate it. The songs on the other hand are a blast... and watching videos of the band rippin' it up on a stage with big fat 90's style X's on their hands will get my attention every time.
100 pressed on pink colored vinyl that was exclusive to Brooklyn Vegan. I have no idea what a Brooklyn Vegan is, but apparently they rate high enough to get their own colored vinyl to sell.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Oh wow. I did't know Anklebiter released new material. Loved their demo.