Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Reign In Pain

It has been a while since I've picked up a new bootleg. I'd gotten in the habit of checking the Hells Headbangers store for Iron Maiden boots, but once those seemed to stop showing up there, I stopped checking for anything. Thinking that it had been too long since I'd added one to the collection, I took a look. As soon as I saw this live Slayer bootleg, I quickly added it to the cart.
There are a few bands that I'm a sucker for live bootleg recordings, and Slayer is one of them. I'm not sure if it is the intesity of a live setting, or if it is Tom Araya's between song banter, but sign me up every fucking time for this shit. I was thinking that I only had a couple of Slayer boots, but checking the collection for this post, I discovered that this live set from the Reign In Blood tour is my fourth from this band. I've already got a live recording from this tour... a week later for a show in Berlin... but this one at the Odeon Theatre in Birmingham sounds so much better. The quality of this is great... the sound and the cover art are fantastic.
The D side of the vinyl has songs from a live set at Studio 54 in New York. There is only five songs here, so I'm assuming it is an incomplete set, and it was just thrown in to take up space, but it still sounds great.

No comments: