Saturday, January 27, 2024

Black Mask

In discussing music and sharing songs with my friend Sarah last year, there were a few things that she introduced me to that I liked so much that I had to buy the record for my collection. The Gulch record that I posted a week ago may have been one of my favorite discoveries from her, but there were a few other things that had me scrambling to Discogs as well. One of the first things that I ended up buying based on her song suggestion was the Black Mask 7 inch.
This shit is fucking harsh. It is noisy, chaotic and absolutely unrelenting in its brutal attack. Six songs in ten minutes, and it does not allow you any time to catch your breath. This style would have been a bit outside what I was into in 2012, but I'm kind of surprised that I'd never even heard of this Pennsylvania hardcore band until now.
I'm guessing that no one else knows Black Mask either, as this record cost me less than $5 on Discogs. Black in blue vinyl was limited to 100, but this dust sleeve is numbered out of 15... or is that 25... so this is a nice version to have, even if I have no idea what that writing is supposed to say.

No comments: