Saturday, August 13, 2016

Red Vinyl Death

You kids and your new Hardcore bands. I can't keep up. When Doug let me know that the new Red Death vinyl was available for preorder over at Lockin' Out, I was pretty excited, and rushed to make sure I got a copy on colored vinyl. I was really looking forward to the record, as I was pretty impressed with their 12 inch that was released earlier this year. Oh wait. That wasn't Red Death...it was Blood Pressure. I can't keep this shit straight. Why the fuck did I rush to buy this 7 inch from Red Death?

I knew that I recognized the Red Death name, and looking back, I see that I bought their Permanent Exile record last year. Interesting. I don't remember a damn thing about it. So glad that I quickly dropped $6 on this two song record...he said sarcastically.

In all seriousness, this record is pretty damn cool. Sure, I didn't remember a damn thing about their Permanent Exile record from last year, but checking the blog, I can see that I mentioned that it fit in with the heavy amounts of Iron Age that I was listening to at the time...which makes sense considering that the first thing I thought of when I heard this 7 inch was, "Hey, this reminds me of Iron Age". Hopefully I can retain this information this time around, and they don't just become "another Hardcore band that I don't really listen to".

No comments: