Thursday, December 24, 2015

Silent Night, Bloody Night

Christmas Eve. Some people see it as a time to wish for peace on earth, to be thankful to surround themselves with family and loved ones...but for me, it is a signal that the year is coming to a close, and if I want to get my records from 2015 posted before the year ends, I better get off my ass and start writing. I've got six more new releases lined up, and six days to wrap things up before my Year End recap on December 31st. Pressure.

I've got a hard on for Metal 7 inches lately. I started off the year with a handful of Raven singles, and while I didn't make much progress after that, I find that I've come full circle, and my mind is wandering into this 7 inch territory again. I don't know...there is just something cool and unique about 7 inches from Metal bands.

While shopping online, I recently stumbled upon a 7 inch for Amulet. I love everything that this band has done, and while the Bloody Night song is featured on the band's first LP, the b-side is a Hawkwind cover, and exclusive to this 7 inch. I've never paid much attention to Hawkwind, but I'm on board for Amulet's version.

250 pressed on clear vinyl.

No comments: