Monday, August 17, 2026

Tear It Up / Fast Times

When I picked up a few Frostbite records earlier this year, I didn't expect it to spin me into a full-on early 2000 hardcore obsession... but here we are.
Tear It Up were a big deal in the early 2000's, and I can't dive into a playlist from that time without needing to listen to their brand of fast hardcore. As I was picking up some records from a Discogs seller, I noticed they had the white vinyl pressing for the Tear It Up / Fast Times split that Youngblood released back in 2001. Embarassing fact... I've never heard this record. Somehow despite my love of Tear It Up and Youngblood, I just never checked out these songs. I think that Fast Times had a lot to do with it, and while that band isn't bad, I just wasn't interested... and that was enough to put me off from this split for 25 fucking years. However, being in an early 2000's hardcore mindset right now, and finding this for under $4 was enough for me to say, yeah this is the time.
Man, I'm loving listening to this record... even the Fast Times songs are fun here. I didn't expect it, but these two bands are a good fit for a split.

350 pressed on white vinyl.

No comments: