Initial Records number two was the Ricochet 7 inch. I only discovered this band last year, when Marcus posted about their record. It always surprises me when I find a record like this that I'd never heard before. I liked to think that I was pretty knowledgeable about obscure 90's hardcore, but more and more I'm finding that I still have a lot of work to do. Thankfully, that tip from Marcus last year had me better prepared for this First Five project.I'd grabbed the purple vinyl for the Ricochet 7 inch last year, but digging into these early 90's records with Initial had me in a collector mindset and I wanted more. I wasn't able to get my hands on the blue or the green vinyl pressing, but the full color cover looked too good so I grabbed the black vinyl for less than $3. Got to love a record that still sells at 90's prices.The more that I listen to this Ricochet 7 inch, the more I like it. I enjoyed it when I first heard it last year, and still really enjoyed revisiting it repeatedly for this project with Marcus... but still, when we ranked the Initial first five, I fear that I still ranked it too low. I've been listening to this record on repeat as I prepared this post, and it is just so good.My two copies of Ricochet. Give me more.
90’s relics
7 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment