Saturday, August 01, 2026

Square One / Turn Of Phrase

Scheme Records is my go-to label for good music right now. I'm not interested in all that the label releases, but if it's on Scheme, I'll definitely be checking it out. So while, I'd never heard of either Square One or Turn Of Phrase, when I saw that the label was releasing split 7 inch featuring both of those bands, I figured that I'd at least give it a quick listen to see if it interested me.
Square One is described as New York Hardcore with groove, and states they have a likeness to Supertouch and Beyond... I don't know man, they remind me more of recent stuff like Abuse Of Power or Fury. Their two songs that kick off this split certainly caught my attention and very quickly I knew that I was going to have to buy this 7 inch.

Side two of the record has Turn Of Phrase, and holy shit, I love their songs here. London melodic hardcore that makes me think of stuff like Speedway. Damn, these songs are so good.

200 pressed on this very dark transparent pink vinyl.

No comments: