Mean Season were one of those 90's hardcore bands that I lost track of over the years. I really enjoyed their Bleed To Me 7 inch, and their comp tracks, in the early 90's, but I never had much interest in their Grace LP. As Marcus and I were wrapping up our conversation from the Initial Records first five project, he threw a few recommendations at me. He knew how hard I fell for stuff like Disembodied and Harvest last year, and he mentioned that if I wasn't listening to the Mean Season album then I really needed to check it out.I was surprised to find that I still had the red vinyl copy of the LP in my collection, but I really hadn't touched it in 25+ years, so I gave it a spin. Oh hell yes. Listening to Grace put me on a Mean Season kick, and I've been listening to the LP along with the 7 inch and comp tracks from the early 90's quite a bit. Another case where I totally understand why I wasn't digging this when it was released... there was just too much good hardcore being released in 1994... but this stuff hits me hard in 2026.The version of the Bleed To Me 7 inch that I had in my collection was the regular black vinyl pressing, and since I had a bit of a Mean Season obsession going, I didn't hesitate to grab the clear version when I saw a seller had it listed on Discogs. Scoring it for under four dollars felt like a hell of a deal too.
Mirrorless
10 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment